If - Or statements

venkata subramanian venkatasubramanian at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 13:14:01 EDT 2005

 I'm sorry if this mail (also) sidetracks the primary theme of this
thread. But, it was a moment of "shock and awe" seeing the use of list
for checking among multiple options ... which is usually done using a
name=opt1 or name=op2 etc.,

 I started as a C programmer and hence, that style of thinking has
stuck with me for this particular case( and now, i feel like banging
my head on the wall for times i have not used the "list like multiple
option" when  possible(bang, bang)).

 It just reminds me that the most important thing about learning a
language is also to learn its style and "paradigm" and not just its
syntax and semantics. Or one might end up wrenching in
"C-like-thinking" into a python program where it might not look
necessarily pretty.

  Also, I strongly feel that one can get acquainted to the style and
"paradigm" of a language only by reading the works of better coders.