PEP 304 (was: Re: Any way to not create .pyc files?)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jun 9 19:12:35 EDT 2005

    >> PEP 304 would have helped, but it appears to be deceased.

Just resting...

FWIW, I reapplied it to my cvs sandbox the other day and plan to at least
generate a new patch from that.  It's pretty much done, except...  Once upon
a time, someone identified some problems for Windows with its multiple-root
file system.  I've tried a couple times to dig it up, but have been
unsuccessful.  If anyone can find it (or was the author, better yet), let me
know.  At the very least I'd like to amend the PEP.  Ideally, I'd like to
solve the problem and get PEP 304 going again.

Skip