Favorite non-python language trick?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Thu Jun 30 21:18:35 EDT 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 10:21 am, todddeluca at gmail.com wrote:
> If I had to choose one feature, I would like to see better support for
> nested lexical scopes.  However, I imagine this is no easy "trick" to
> add to the language.

Doesn't that already happen in versions 2.2+?

What exactly do you mean by "better" support for nested lexical
scopes?  Can you give an example of something that doesn't work,
but should?

I'm just curious.  The whole question of lexical scoping seemed
a bit esoteric to me at the time --- I think I must instinctively
avoid situations where it causes trouble. The most important
exception would have to be the behavior of lambda and locally-defined
functions --- I still expect them to know the variables in the defining
function's namespace.  But I think that lexical scoping fixed this
so that they do, IIRC (I don't use them often, so I'm not so sure).