suggestions invited

Aditi drool.galz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 05:47:06 EDT 2005

hi all...i m a software engg. student completed my 2nd yr...i have been
asked to make a project during these summer vacations...and hereby i
would like to invite some ideas bout the design and implementation of
an APPLICATION MONITORING SYSTEM....i have to start from scrach so
please tell me how to go bout it rite from the beggining this is the
first time i m making a project of this complexity...
i have to make a system used by the IT department of a company which
contains 31 applications and their details which are being used in a
company ...the details are...
Application	sub application		catagory	platform	language	version		IT
owner	functional owner	remarks		source code	documentation	last updated
dates
i want to design a system such that it lets the it employee enter the
name of the application and gives him all the details about it...please
suggest an appropriate design and the language which you think would be
best to use...as i have enouf time with me and i can learn a new
language as well...i currently know c and c++...your advise is welcomed
Aditi