saving .zip or .txt email attachments instead of deleting them

scrimp scrimp212 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 17:07:15 EDT 2005

How would I go about retriving an email message and stripping out the
attachment into a file. I have seen examples where they would read in
the file and delete the attachment and replace it with text saying that
the attachment was removed.

For testing purposes Im using a pop3 server to receive messages from. I
can log into the pop3 server get all the messages and print them to the
screen or to a file.

I have another script that I got from ActiveSource that deletes the
attachment. This is where I will need to save the attachment instead of
deleting it. Any help is appreciated thanks!

--Barry