Another solution to How do I know when a thread quits?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jun 9 10:20:57 EDT 2005

Prashanth Ellina wrote:
> Thanks for the code sample. I will try it out. I guess there is no
> reliable way to get away with just the "threads" module.

As "threading" is built on top of "thread", that statement seems wrong,
but the real question you should ask yourself is why you want to use the
"thread" module at all when "threading" already exists.

Also, I have to say I'm confused by Giovanni's "solution", as it seems
to do nothing that isn't already provided by threading.Thread's
isAlive() and join() methods (which I already mentioned in my previous
posting).

-Peter