Excellent Site for Developers

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Jun 25 15:56:41 EDT 2005

    Philippe> Not being from anglo-saxon heritage, I keep wondering why
    Philippe> spammers always (or very often) get called 'trolls' ?

Fishing from a boat that is moving slowly is called "trolling".  You're
slowly dragging bait or a lure through the water to entice a fish to bite
your hook.  Similarly, when someone posts a provocative message to a mailing
list or Usenet newsgroup (or other discussion forum, I suppose) they are
often trying to get someone else to "take their bait".

See also: http://www.answers.com/troll

Skip