mod_python config problem

grahamd at dscpl.com.au grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Jun 3 21:43:23 EDT 2005

David Stanek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 01:16:17PM -0600, Manuel Pellecer wrote:
> > i want to use mod_python with Apache2 and i made a .htaccess in the
> > subdirectory where i have all my scripts:
> >
> > The .htacces goes like this:
> >
> > AddHandler mod_python .py
> > PythonHandler mptest
> > PythonDebug On
>
> Try adding the following line to your .htaccess file:
>   PythonPath  "sys.path + ['/your/path']"
> Where '/your/path' is the path in which mptest.py resides.

Explicitly overriding PythonPath when using mod_python is not
recommended as it causes more problems than good usually. It
certainly should not be required to get this working when
everything is setup correctly.

Suggested that the original poster read:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/articles/modpython-001.html

That article is specifically written to help out people with their
first mptest example, listing what can go wrong and how to go
about working it out.

Suggest anything after that is better asked on mod_python mailing list.

Graham