Performance Issues please help

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Jun 1 21:31:42 EDT 2005

PyPK wrote:

> I am suspecious abput dictionary approach here. Is this slower than if
> i do it with arrays or lists with index of array as my key ?

"with index of array as my key" is either redundant -- indicating that
your answer to my question about "e" should have included something like
"e is an integer that can range from blah0 to blah_max" -- or not
understandable.

In any case, seeing that the code in question is only a few lines, why
don't *you* write an alternative version and see how fast it runs? And
let us know?