What is different with Python ?

Philippe C. Martin philippe at philippecmartin.com
Sat Jun 11 15:28:07 EDT 2005

I apologize in advance for launching this post but I might get enlightment
somehow (PS: I am _very_ agnostic ;-).

- 1) I do not consider my intelligence/education above average
- 2) I am very pragmatic
- 3) I usually move forward when I get the gut feeling I am correct
- 4) Most likely because of 1), I usually do not manage to fully explain 3)
when it comes true.
- 5) I have developed for many years (>18) in many different environments,
languages, and O/S's (including realtime kernels) .

Yet for the first time I get (most) of my questions answered by a language I
did not know 1 year ago.

As I do try to understand concepts when I'm able to, I wish to try and find
out why Python seems different.

Having followed this newsgroup for sometimes, I now have the gut feeling
(see 3)) other people have that feeling too.

Quid ?

Regards,

Philippe