whos -- a function listing objects

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:07:59 EDT 2005

benyang22 at yahoo.com wrote:

> That is nice. I didn't know iPython can do whos. Will try it.
>
> iPython seems to infinitely configurable. Hope it will not suck too
> much of my time into it.

It is.  It probably will.  It did to me :)

At least, I hope it will have been time well spent.

Best,

ps - you mention using matlab.  Note that ipython integrates with matplotlib in
its -pylab mode, to provide interactive plotting without blocking for almost
all GUI backends (Tk, GTK, WX and Qt are supported, FLTK is not, though it
might work).