how to show simulation at web

Apoptozinho apoptozinho at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 07:46:32 EDT 2005

If your problem is plotting graphics from numerical simulations perhaps this
fragment of code from my learning python and mod_python may help you.

def show(req):
 req.content_type="image/png"
 put,get=os.popen4('echo "set term png size 400,400 ; set out ;
splot(sin(x)*cos(y))" | gnuplot')
 img=get.read()

 req.write(img)
 put.close()
 get.close()
 return apache.OK

I feel there must be an easier, more elegant and performant method of doing
this.