a comprehensive Tkinter document?

William Gill noreply at gcgroup.net
Wed Jun 22 11:06:23 EDT 2005

I know a major problem I am having is that I am finding lots of Tkinter
information in 'fragments' of various , sometimes conflicting vintages.
  For example the python reference I was using didn't show the '%%' as
an escape sequence, I posted asking how to escape the '%' and after
several helpful responses voila I found a more complete table of escape
sequences.  Is there a comprehensive document or book that I can get
that is relatively current?  I realize that updates and changes are
dynamic, but I'm realizing that I am trying to use documents that look
similar, only to find that one is several years old, or that another
applies to an offshoot of Tkinter.  I'm not even sure Tkinter is the
'preferred' gui anymore.  Any suggestions?

Bill