global name not defined :$

Anna M. anna-s at internet.is
Mon Jun 20 06:10:39 EDT 2005

Hi

I am trying to write a red-black tree implementation in python.  I am very
new to python and appologize if my question is terribly stubid.  But I ran
into some trouble.  I have a class and in it there are functions but when I
try to run the code I have I just get an error on one of the functions
"global name 'balancedFourNode' is not defined"  Now of course I realize
that I am doing something wrong when defining the function but I just can't
seem to find it.

Another thing, I'll just put in a code snip but I am not sure if it is
enough for you guys to see the problem, how ever the class is almost 200
lines so I just didn't want to put it all in the post.

Many thanks,

Anna M.

class node:

    def __init__(self,g=None):

        self.data=g

        self.parent=None

        self.child=[None,None]

        # color 0 = black, 1 = red

        self.color = 0

        # NB. changed june 7th

        # Kids were two and named right and left, respectively

        # Now a node can have many children

        # used in 2-3-4 trees and other fun trees.

    def left(self,x):

        self.child[0]=x

        x.parent=self

        return self