recursive import list

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Jun 13 22:58:04 EDT 2005

"wittempj at hotmail.com" <martin.witte at gmail.com> writes:
>> I have a fairly large project going on and would like to figure out
>> automatically from the source which files are being imported.
> If you use your own import function, like below, you could create a
> list of all imported modules.

Why not use sys.modules? To answer the question actually asked, check
for a __file__ attributes on each module in sys.modules, and print
that if it exists.

That won't list builtin modules that are imported - but they don't
have files to be imported, so I assume that the OP doesn't want them
listed.

        <mike