Windows Installer with Debug Dlls and Libs

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Thu Jun 9 11:37:39 EDT 2005

[DE wrote]
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with python builds since some time.
>
> On windows, it is not a good idea to link your debug build to release
> builds of libs and dlls.
>
> But python installer gives you only release builds.
>
> So I need to build python myself, no problem, but ....
>
> I have never managed to setup python like the way installer does. (I
> guess it does some registry and env var tricks.) For example,
>
> - it is not possible to install extensions like wxPython, because the
> wxPython installer doesn't like my custom installation
> - WinCVS never gets my custom python installation
>
> and so on.
>
> Can you give me any hints on this nasty problem ?

I haven't tested with a debug build of wxPython, but if you use the
ActivePython distro you can get a package with the debug DLLs.

The main installer:
http://ftp.activestate.com/ActivePython/windows/2.4/ActivePython-2.4.1-245-win32-ix86.msi
The package of debug bits:
http://ftp.activestate.com/ActivePython/etc/ActivePython-2.4.1-245-win32-ix86-debug.zip