[OT ?] (Pythonic) detection word protected files

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at nospam.com
Mon Jun 13 11:33:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

This is certainly off topic, but as my problem must have a pythonic answer.

I'm building an utility that makes a catalog of M$ word files in a giant
directory tree. The password protected files must be marked, and I
didn't find how to guess which files are password protected and which
ones are not.

I can't use the COM interface for this because the utility must run on a
Linux Samba server.

I didn't find anything satisfying in M$ related sites (like msdn) or
forums or google.

Any hint ?

Many thanks by advance.

--