Python Developers Handbook

Paul Rubin http
Thu Jun 9 22:04:36 EDT 2005

"wooks" <wookiz at hotmail.com> writes:
> I am somewhat nonplussed that the opportunity to buy a Python book
> cheaply is off limits for this NG. There  have been alot of hits and as
> there are very few Python books listed on Ebay I presume they came from
> here.

One really annoying thing is when the subject line doesn't indicate
that the message is about an item for sale or for auction.  It's also
annoying when the subject says "for sale" but it's really an auction.

If you have a Python book for sale, that's reasonably on-topic for the
newsgroup, but the subject should say "For sale, copy of Python
developer's handbook", and the post should include the selling (not
auction) price.  "For sale" can be abbreviated FS.

If it's an auction, use "For auction" or "FA" instead of "For sale" or "FS".

Such posts might still, strictly speaking, be off-charter, but as long
as they're only occasional and noncommercial, and clearly labelled as
described, IMO they are not too bothersome.