"also" to balance "else" ?

Eloff eloff777 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 20:31:53 EDT 2005

My first reaction was that this is terrible, else clauses on loops are
confusing enough. But if I think about it more, I'm warming up to the
idea. Also/Else for loops is clear, symmetrical, and would be useful.

Reversing the meanign of else will break code, but it's not used that
frequently, and it was a confusing thing to begin with, nothing wrong
in breaking something (slowly!) if it was 'broken' to begin with.

Alifs look evil, I couldn't deduce the control flow very easily, but
then they are a new idea. I'll keep an open mind on that one.

I think the best thing would be to compare the also/else syntax to what
identical functionality looks like in python now [hint to someone with
more time than me right now ;)]. I'd vote for whichever is the more
concise and readable of the two.

-Dan