extreme newbie

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jun 17 21:49:32 EDT 2005

On 2005-06-18, cpunerd4 <cpunerd4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've guessed that python is purely an interpreted language unless its
> compiled into another language (ie. it needs python installed in order
> to run programs). Is this correct?

It's just like Java.  It's compiled into bytecode and then the
bytecode is executed on a virtual machine.

> If it is, I guess my plan of action would be to use python
> embeded in java applets.

There is a Python compiler (usually refered to as Jython) that
generates Java bytecode for execution on a JVM, so that might
be of interest.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I like the IMPUDENT
                                  at               NOSE on that car... Are you