Plain text email?

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Mon Jun 27 22:35:42 EDT 2005

"Inkiniteo" <gaz082 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1119923787.531336.292220 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I see. So... what about sending HTML email? If i send HTML tagged text,
> the client will be able to read it as HTML?

> <b>Yo!</></body> will the client read a bold Yo! ?
>
> Because i can replace tabs with tables if this is possible.

To send HTML, you definitely need a mimetype. Otherwise
some clients will autodiagnose as HTML and attempt to render
it, some won't. Strictly speaking, they shouldn't do autodetection.

I also agree with Dan - HTML mail is evil, and I try to avoid it
whenever possible. That's one of the major vectors for worms,
viri and simliar malware.

John Roth