Graphs/statistics using wxPython

Jan Danielsson jan.danielsson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:56:54 EDT 2005

Hello all,

   I wanted to plot some statistics, so I wrote a simple wxPython class
to do it. Then I realized that I would like to draw bar graphs, so I
added that too.

   Since I'm a complete Python newbie, I haven't done much of it the
"Python way", I suspect. So, I'm wondering if someone would like to show
me some of the tricks I should have used.

You can find the code at:
http://user.it.uu.se/~jada3673/drawtest.py

   It's not finished[*], but it is usable. Oh, you can do whatever you
want with it. Since I had never touched wxPython before working with
this, I used some doodle application as a starting point.

   Btw... Has anyone already written statistics classes for wxPython? If
so, where can I find them? If nothing similar exists, I'll probably add
support for loading data from a file, and a few other features. Feel
free to make requests or enhancements.

[*] There are some size/offset bugs which I am aware of, but they are
easily fixed. I just haven't got around to it yet.