wxpython or PyQT to make a simulink clone ?

Pierre Schnizer P.Schnizer at nospam.gsi.de
Thu Jun 2 05:15:46 EDT 2005

cravephi at hotmail.com writes:

> I would like to make a software like simulink:
> http://www.mathworks.com/cmsimages/sl_mainpage_wl_7488.gif
>
> using python.
> In order of bulding the interface (drag&drop block, link system between
> the blocks, run the simulation, double click on a block to open its
> properties, ...) which library will make my job easyer, PyQT or
> WxPython ?

VIPER is  perhaps the tool to look for
http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner/python/viper/index.html
Here the presentation at SciPy:
http://www.scipy.org/documentation/Workshops/SciPy02presentations/sanner_viper.pdf
There where some rumours that it will be released under some free License, but
I never heared anything about that.

I did myself a very simple visual interface based on some work of Matt
Kimball. See http://truffaldino.sf.net
Here I concentrated on all the stuff behind and on the simulation stuff. This
uses wxPython for the graphical interface. That could be perhaps a starting
point if you want to do something on your own. In my belief you would have to
make it far more eyecandy ...

Hope that helps a bit.
        Pierre

--