Python Developers Handbook - Mistake done and corrected.

wooks wookiz at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 12 04:35:21 EDT 2005

I am not mistaken at all and the use of hyperbole (2 billion!!!!)
doesn't make your point .

A post that piques the interest of even 50  people in an NG is a valid
one. No doubt some people would be annoyed about a job posting of a
Python vacancy... others would be interested in it...

The original complainer expanded his complaint to say that I had not
included sufficient information. I addressed that and apologised. For
many that would have been the end of the matter.

Since you want to talk about Usenet at large

1. I have made similar posts regarding books in my library to other
NG's.
2. This is the only NG where anybody has complained (apart from your
postage/starting price is too high).
3. This book has achieved the highest number of hits (179)  than any
other book I have promoted in this way. More  even than a football book
on the history of the Arsenal v Spurs fixture that I posted to both the
Arsenal and Spurs NG (only managed 160).

So the only NG that complained is the one that showed the most
interest.

What is far more off-topic for this NG are the posts pontificating
about netiquette and usenet when really they are just whinges.