implicit variable declaration and access

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Thu Jun 16 11:08:22 EDT 2005

In article <1Qsre.83795$lQ3.77274 at bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
Christopher Subich  <spam.csubich+block at block.subich.spam.com> wrote:
			.
>Out of curiosity, where would you classify interpreters for secondary
>app-specific programming languages? Specifically, mud-client stored
>procedures (triggers, timed events) seem to correspond very naturally to
>generating the python code required to execute them in advance, then
>compile()ing and storing the compiled code for repeated execution.

1.  If you know enough to ask the question, you're
    a consenting adult, and equipped to deal with
    the consequences.
2.  Hey, that's the whole *idea* of an extension
    language.  Go forth and Python happily, even
    exec() with righteousness.
3.  But Python *is* an unsafe language in such
    uses--one of which I'm exceptionally fond, but
    undeniably unsafe.