Overcoming herpetophobia (or what's up w/ Python scopes)?

Hughes, Chad O chad.hughes at pnl.gov
Fri Jun 17 12:36:55 EDT 2005

I am very familiar with Python, but I don't know Pearl. In order to
answer your question, you will have to tell me about your statement, "I
couldn't live without closures and without the fine control over scopes
that Pearl provides."  I don't know what these things are to Pearl.  If
you tell me what these features are in Pearl and what you use them for,
I can tell you if Python has them as well.

Chad