extreme newbie

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Jun 19 12:57:13 EDT 2005

Dave Cook wrote:
> On 2005-06-18, cpunerd4 <cpunerd4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>thanks all for the advice. The reason I was thinking about using java
>>(or C or something) was that it is a little more secure than
>>distributing the source code isn't it?
>
> <sigh> 14 and he already wants to horde his source code.

Be gentle.  Most of us have been there (those fortunate enough to have
been in a position to write source code at 14), and it felt like a
sensible viewpoint at the time.  I suspect that the attitude will be
less and less common in the future, as the open source movement
continues to prove successful.

-Peter