Exe file

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Jun 10 07:59:36 EDT 2005

Philip Seeger wrote:
>>>I'm sorry for that newbie question but how can I compile a program (a .py
>>>file) to an executable file?
> For easier distribution. Otherwise the client computer had to have Python
> installed.

In that case, and since you appear to be running on Windows (judging by
the headers in your post), look for "py2exe".  You may also want to use
InnoSetup or another free installer, since py2exe does the packaging you
want but doesn't bundle the files all together for easy installation.

Py2exe plus InnoSetup is a very widely used and appreciated combo.

-Peter