how to use more than 1 __init__ constructor in a class ?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Thu Jun 23 14:48:33 EDT 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 10:31 am, Singletoned wrote:
> Rocco Moretti wrote:
> > Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> <snip>
> > > That's the joys of a mostly self-taught programming knowledge: you miss
> > > out on all the buzzwords.
> >
> > Being mostly self taught myself, I have a tendancy to use infrequently
> > encountered terms in related but technically inappropriate contexts,
> > confusing the better informed people I deal with. ;-)
>
> Indeed.  I find I use even more buzzwords because I can just make up as
> many as I want.

As fun as that is ;-), it does make it hard to communicate. It seems to me
that I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what buzzwords mean, only
to find that 9/10ths of them are for things I've already done somewhere.

Of course, that 10th one can be a doozy, "metaclasses" comes to mind.

And it does make it easier to find help on problems, if you know what
other people call them.