Modules for inclusion in standard library?

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:16:23 EDT 2005

Fredrik Johansson wrote:
> On 6/27/05, Reinhold Birkenfeld <reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net> wrote:
>
>>Do you have any other good and valued Python modules that you would think are
>>bug-free, mature (that includes a long release distance) and useful enough to
>>be granted a place in the stdlib?
>
> First of all, numeric/numarray, obviously!

There has been recent discussion about this.  Check the python-dev list
archives I think.  It's unlikely that all of numeric/numarray could go
into the Python stdlib because there still is disagreement between the
two camps as to the module architecture.  However, there does seem to be
some agreement at the level of the basic array object, so it may be
possible that at least the array object itself might join the stdlib in
the not too distant future.  I suspect there's more detailed discussion
of this in the numeric/numarray lists.

STeVe