Where is Word?

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 09:42:42 EDT 2005

[Guy Lateur]
| I want to make a temporary file (directory listing), open it
| in Word to let
| the user edit, layout and print it, and then delete the temp file
| afterwards. I don't think we'll be able to fully automate it,
| though. The
| user should be able to set her own fonts and stuff.

Haven't tried the technique myself, but this post

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/4ea1a92c2c3a4664

looks like it might do what you're after. In essence,
you use CreateProcess to run Word (which is a bit messier
than the other techniques described, but gives you a
bit more control), and then you use the handle that passes
back to determine when it's finished.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk