Tiff Image Reader/writer

James Carroll mrmaple at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 12:41:37 EDT 2005

I did a test with wxPython 2.6.1 on Windows.  I created a G4 TIFF
image that was 4400 x 3599 big, and the following code took under a
half second.

import wx
import time

def readImage(filename):
    img = wx.Image(filename)
    w = img.GetWidth()
    h = img.GetHeight()
    value = img.GetGreen(w - 10, h - 10)
    return value

image = "D:\\horizLines1g4.tif"

t0 = time.clock()
value = readImage(image)
print time.clock() - t0, "seconds process time"
print "The value in the lower right hand corner is %i" % value

This prints:
0.488175452467 seconds process time
The value in the lower right hand corner is 255

so it is treating it as RGB, but I bet that's not a problem.

-Jim