1980's Home Computer-style Package.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 05:22:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

Some years ago I saw a Python package or program that gave a programming
environment similar to the BASICs of 1980's home computers.  You got a
cursor-addressable screen, e.g. PRINT TAB(10, 20) "Hello", and some
simple pixel-setting functions, e.g. RECTANGLE FILL 0, 10, 20, 30.  It
probably used SDL to provide the `screen'.  It's intended use was to
widen the range interesting things a child learning Python could do.

Does anyone know what I'm thinking of?  Googleling for `BASIC Python'
brings up too many tutorials and language comparisons.  I've read
through the PyPI, and had a look at Parnassus without finding it.

I'm also not subscribed to the list so please keep me CC'd on replies.

Thanks,

Ralph.