programmnig advise needed

mitsura at skynet.be mitsura at skynet.be
Tue Jun 7 15:14:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am writing a Python program that needs to read XML files and contruct
a tree object from the XML file (using wxTree).
The XML however is not an hiearchical XML file. It contains <elements>
and <association> tags. The <assiociation> tags link the elements
together.
Example:
<element1>
  ... element 1 attributes
</element1>
<element2>
  ... element 2 attributes
</element2>
<element3>
  ... element 3 attributes
</element3>
<association>
 <Name>element1</Name>
 <Parent>element3</Parent>
</association>
<association>
 <Name>element2</Name>
 <Parent>element3</Parent>
</association>

In this case <element3> is the parent of the two other elements.
The XML files I receive often contain thousands of elements so the tree
structure can be very large. Futhermore, the XML files are not
'sorted', like in the example above, the 'root' element object entry
might be somewhere in the middle of the XML file.

I don't really now to code this so any suggestions are welcome.

With kind regards,

Kris