Socket Speed

mvanaswegen at gmail.com mvanaswegen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:47:42 EDT 2005

Hi All

I'm busy writing a python p2p program and would like some advice.

I'm pushing about 300k/s and would like to know if there are any python
tricks I could pull to speed things up. I'm thinking about unrolling
some of the loops and recuding calls to my custom socket class and
just calling recv and send directly. What is the overhead for using
try and exception blocks ? any recomendations for recv/send sizes ?
On the server side I'm using SocketServer. I was planning to use
twisted
but I don't have the time just get to get into it, SocketServer does
the job.

I'll post some code soon.

Regs