For review: PEP 343: Anonymous Block Redux and GeneratorEnhancements

Paul Rubin http
Sun Jun 5 20:38:36 EDT 2005

"Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)" <tdelaney at avaya.com> writes:
> Be sure to read the referenced PEPs (and the ones referenced from them)
> - they contain a lot of history. Also read PEP 346 for a competing PEP
> to PEPs 340 and 343 that gradually converged to PEP 343 - most
> importantly, it contains the rejected options (that seem to have been
> lost from PEPs 340 and 343).

There was an interesting proposal (later rejected) from Raymond
Hettinger a while back, that allowed passing arguments into a
suspended generator, where they could be seen by the yield statement.
I don't remember specifics and it doesn't seem to be in any of those PEP's.

Anyone remember more?  I wonder whether 343 could somehow resurrect
the good parts of that.