Extensions on Linux: import without underscore?

James Carroll mrmaple at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 08:11:52 EDT 2005

Swig actually was generating a bright.py file, but scons was leaving
it in the source directory instead of putting it next to my
SharedLibrary().  Once I moved the bright.py next to the _bright.so,
it all worked with just import bright.  Thanks everyone.

My next trick is to try the same thing with distutils, and see how it
compares with SCons.

-Jim