Posting a reply to a post in an existing thread

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Jun 9 11:40:06 EDT 2005

[Chad]
> What I need to know is, what do I put in either the TO field, the CC
> field, or the SUBJECT field for the list to see my message as a reply to
> an existing post in a thread and not a new thread.

You should use your email client's Reply feature to reply to one of the
existing messages in the thread.  This will put the right things in the
Subject:, To: etc. fields, and also include a hidden header field called
someone receives your message, their email client will see the References:
header and know that your reply was part of the same thread as the message
to which you replied.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com