Office COM automatisation - calling python from VBA

Stephen Prinster prinster at mail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:21:39 EDT 2005

guy lateur wrote:
> So, ideally, I'd like to program as much as possible in python (I'm
> pretty new to that, too, btw), and only use VBA if needed - say, to
> call python objects/methods (+ wxGUI, please).

If you are new to Python and want to use it with COM, definitely get
yourself a copy of _Python Programming on Win32_ by Mark Hammond and
Andy Robinson.

Read the first few chapters to get yourself started, then ask more
specific questions here.  There always seem to be lots of helpful answers.

Good luck!

Steve P.