Building Python with gdbm support

Ed edhillmann at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 01:35:29 EDT 2005

I've actually sorted myself out.  I updated Modules/Setup.dist, so that
it has the following line...

gdbm gdbmmodule.c -I/ct/ctapp/gnu/bin/gdbm-1.8.3/include
-L/ct/ctapp/gnu/bin/gdbm-1.8.3/lib -lgdbm

Rebuilt everything in Python.  I also had to ensure that my environment
using the newly-built Python contained the gdbm/lib directory in it's
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (the same value as what's passed to -L in the above
line).

I'm assuming this is alright.  I guess if I change anything, I have to
remember to update Setup.dist.  If I'm missing a step, or if there's an
easier way, I'm all ears... :)

Thanks,
Ed