Excellent Site for Developers

Chinook chinook.nr at tds.net
Sat Jun 25 16:35:16 EDT 2005

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:36:06 -0400, Philippe C. Martin wrote
(in article <Gmive.2856$Lj2.2074 at newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>):

> Hi,
>
> Not being from anglo-saxon heritage, I keep wondering why spammers always
> (or very often) get called 'trolls' ?
>
> I mean fantasy fiction has brought us many hugly beasts (goblin, warlock,
> orc, dark elf ....)
>
> The trolls, as I recall, grow back their limns once those have been cut by
> the nice folks.
>
> Is that the reason ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Philippe
>

> Do Re Mi chel La Si Do wrote:
>

>> rather... super troll

Actually there are many understandings, but many stem from a "something ugly"
sense as in the old Norse legend.

In the context of the internet, the meaning is usually:

> To "troll" means to allure, to fish, to entice or to bait.  An internet troll

> is someone who fishes for people's confidence and, once found, exploits it.
> Internet deception relies on exploiting trust and building confidence, and
> the rewards can be financial or psychological.

As you can see, though, the context could be any communication, from anyone
from the common criminal to the established political, religious, or business
leader :~)

Lee C
"God save us from those that would save us."  -- my grandmother c1945