Python as CGI on IIS and Windows 2003 Server

jean-marc jmdeschamps at cvm.qc.ca
Tue Jun 14 09:29:27 EDT 2005

lothar.sch at gmx.de wrote:
> jean-marc schrieb:
> > Some bits are coming back to me: the problems stemmed from adresses -
> > getting the root of IIS was different so accessing files didn't work
> > the same way.
>
> thanks for that.
> you are right, IIS versions are different.
> Wich kind of adresses do you mean, http-adresses or paths in file
> systems to root of IIS or to pythonscripts below IIS' root?
>
> Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to solve the problem.
>

> regards
> Lothar

I think it was due to the way of getting a reference to the IIS's root
- I think that all adresses in html (wheter from static documents or
those generated by python) need to use relative adresses (double dot
slash, or dot slash type of adresses).

If it still doesn't work maybe posting some culprit code could help
figure it out...!

Jean-Marc

May