Modules for inclusion in standard library?

Chris Cioffi evenprimes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:33:22 EDT 2005

One of my votes would be for something like:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/303481 or
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/303770.
 We use something like these in the stdlib already (time_struct), but don't
supply a ready solution for people to implement their own. FWIW, I'm writing
all my new DB code to return tuples with named elements just to improve the
readability of my programs.
 Anyplace where a normal positional tuple is returned could be improved with
named attribute access and this wouldn't break existing code like switching
to a return object would.

 On 27/06/05, Reinhold Birkenfeld <reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> at the moment python-dev is discussing including Jason Orendorff's path
> module
> into the standard library.
>
> Do you have any other good and valued Python modules that you would think
> are
> bug-free, mature (that includes a long release distance) and useful enough
> be granted a place in the stdlib?
>
> For my part, ctypes seems like a suggestion to start with.
>
> Reinhold
> --

"Obviously crime pays, or there'd be no crime." -- G. Gorden Liddy