NSLU2 and python - a love story ?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jun 1 13:43:42 EDT 2005

"Thomas W" <thomas.weholt at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117629593.000908.294450 at g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> If you haven't heard about the NSLU2-box yet start with the references
> below and then google for it. It's very small, quiet, cheap and runs a
> complete linux system, with python available ( and MySQL, PostgreSQL,
> Apache etc etc ). It's very cool =)
> [1] : http://www.nslu2-linux.org/
> [2] :
> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=35&scid=43&prid=640

The Linksys product literature [2] never mentions the word Linux, so I
gather a) that it is an add-on and b) that the user group [1] is quite
unofficial.  For those curious, the price is about $100.

The product lit also says 0 about the internal hardware but I found this:
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/CPUOverview.  266 Mhtz, 32 Mb Ram + 8
MB flash, which is pretty minimal these days.  So unless one wants it for
the designed purpose (or similar), it is not obviously cheap.

I am curious what Python application you have in mind.

Terry J. Reedy