PEP on path module for standard library

Oliver Andrich oliver.andrich at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:39:37 EDT 2005

Hi,

2005/7/22, Michael Hoffman <cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid>:
> What is this Java Path class? I have been STFWing and have found nothing
> on it in the. Indeed if you search for "Java Path class" (with quotes)
> almost half of the pages are this message from Guido. ;)
>
> Any Java hackers here want to tell us of the wonders of the Java Path
> class? I would be interested in seeing how other OO languages deal with
> paths.

I guess the nearest Java class comparable with path is the File class.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/io/File.html

And as I am a so called Java hacker, I highly appreciate path as a
module for my python projects and in my eyes it is the natural way to
address files/paths. At least it is more natural to me then the os,
os.path, etc. pp. bundle, that has grown over the time.

I would love to see path inside Python's stdlib.

Best regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Andrich <oliver.andrich at gmail.com> --- http://fitheach.de/