PyGTK or wxPython (not a flame war) on Windows

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jul 25 11:27:21 EDT 2005

Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Marek Kubica <pythonmailing at web.de> writes:
>>I have started GUIs in Python with wx, but after a short time I
>>was annoyed how many things were buggy. I don't know why, but I
>>fell from one bug to the other while programming one application.
>
> I'm very suprised.  wxPython is still that buggy?

Not really.  One can go many months, or years, without encountering a
bug in a wxPython program which is not actually a bug in one's own code.

Use of "unstable" (i.e. new and/or rapidly changing) parts of the
framework are a different story.  As with most Open Source projects,
such code is in flux and one uses it at one's own risk (reporting, I
hope, bugs that are encountered so that they can be fixed).

-Peter