Thoughts on Guido's ITC audio interview

Joseph Garvin k04jg02 at kzoo.edu
Thu Jul 7 17:15:38 EDT 2005

Everyone complaining about Eclipse in this thread needs to go try 3.1.
The interface is much much much more responsive.

Also, everyone keeps discussing Eclipse as something that gives Java a
leg up on Python. *Ahem* PyDev :) Which you should also give another try
if you haven't in a few versions. Easiest way to get a GUI debugger for
python.

My only misgiving with Eclipse now is that I think development of
plugins for it is always going to be slower than for Emacs and other
editors because they have to be written in Java.