Need to interrupt to check for mouse movement

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jul 21 13:53:08 EDT 2005

Jp Calderone wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:33:05 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>> (And since there is even a wxPython main loop
>> integrated with and provided in Twisted, surely you aren't arguing that
>> what wx does is somehow unusual or bad.)
>
> Blocking inside the mainloop while waiting for events is fine.  It's
> blocking elsewhere that is problematic.

Thanks for the clarification.  I can see how a wx modal dialog could
cause trouble, though I didn't know holding a menu open had the same
nasty behaviour.

For me, this is merely justification to continue using separate threads
for wxPython's main loop and for anything else, which has worked well
for me whether I've been using Twisted or not.

-Peter