Make a .WAV file come out of the left speaker in Windows

Alan Green alan.green at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:03:31 EDT 2005

Alan  Green wrote:
> I am writing a Python script that uses the win32all winsound package to
> play a .wav file. I [need] the sound come out of the left hand speaker, but
> not the right hand speaker.

I eventually got out ctypes and used it to access the Windows
multi-media libraries. ctypes is completely amazing, especially with
the code generator to turn the windows C header files into Python
functions and constants.

Just yesterday I discovered PyMedia, and will have to have a play with
that, too.