Lisp development with macros faster than Python development?..

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 7 16:12:01 EDT 2005

"jayessay" <nospam at foo.com> wrote in message
news:m3r7ebvomy.fsf at rigel.goldenthreadtech.com...
> 1. Someone recently remarked that good Lisp macros are basically
>   executable pseudo code.  I think that is pretty much exactly right
>   and is a pretty good "sound bite" distillation of what it is all
>   about.

Several years ago  I remarked that Python reads like executable pseudocode.
I still think that that is pretty much right.

Googling, I discovered that the creators of some thing I had never heard of
said the same thing about *their* language a couple of years ago.  I wish
web pages, like newgroup posts, were dated so one could better trace the
history of such usages.

Terry J. Reedy